Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

You have questions and we have answers. Below are the questions and answers we hear most frequently. If you have a question that isn’t addressed, please call us at 505-266-4427 or use our Contact Us form to reach us electronically.

1. What can I donate?

We accept cars, motorcycles and trucks.

2. Can I donate if my vehicle is not running?

We are able to accept vehicles regardless of the engine’s condition.

3. What do I need in order to donate?

Our only requirement is a clear title. Please note: The towing company driver will instruct you how to fill out the title at the time of pick up. If you do not have a title for your vehicle, we may be able to take it but it requires special handling.
Please call our office at 505-266-4427 for further information.

4. What areas does the towing company service?

Our towing company serves Albuquerque and surrounding areas. This includes areas as far north as Santa Fe, as far east as Estancia, and as far south as Belen.

No matter where you live, if your car is in drivable condition, you can just start it up and drive it in! By bringing your vehicle directly to the Give Hope a Ride car lot, you’ll help us save money. Please call us at 505-266-4427 for the drop-off address and directions.

5. How long will it take to pick up my vehicle?

After your contact information is received, you may expect a call from the towing company within 72 hours to make arrangements for pick up at your convenience. Special arrangements can be made for rush orders.

If your car is in drivable condition, you can also bring it to us and help us save money. Please call us at 505-266-4427 for the drop-off address and directions.

6. How do I show that I have donated a vehicle?

When the towing company arrives to pick up your vehicle or you drop it off at our lot, you will receive a Donor Information Packet which includes a receipt for your donation, information about the Give HOPE a Ride program, and instructions for your tax claim.

7. How does my tax deduction work?

The law concerning vehicle donation tax claims has changed since 2005. Any vehicle sold for over $500.00 requires a 1098-C, which you will receive from our office if applicable. If your vehicle sells for under $500.00, you may use your donation receipt to claim up to $500.00.

8. How much does the agency I designated get from my donation?

Compared to other donation programs, which typically net 20% or less of the vehicle resale price, our program has paid out approximately 75% of the resale price since it began in March, 2006.

9. Do you accept consignments or just donations?

Consignments are welcome. Please call 266-4427 for more information.


We've tried to put everything you need on this site, but we want to hear from you if there are questions we haven't addressed.
Please Call Us For Help: 1-505-266-4427 or Click Here to send us an email